Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Friend, I am suspended, NOT DEAD!

What I would say if I were there.
A few comments on Love Child's defense of (pernicious) cliches:

Love Child Writes:

If we do not heed the lessons in cliches we so avoid,
our little parcel of paradise might just be destroyed.
Doing unto others what you cannot stand the thought of
is turning clandestine, subversive plots, there are a lot of.
I beg of everyone to take note of what you discover;
let us not pull wool over the eyes of one another.
Confront discreetly, with respect, by asking for the truth.
Do not be convinced of anything without valid proof.
And most of all don't use a neutral post to air your feud!
Will my poetic friends create a pleasant interlude?
Can I get your cooperation and make February 24th
a day all about writing poems that stand on their own worth?

---Okay, why don't you go first. That read like ten miles of bad road. How do you suggest I comment politely on being silenced? F--- that! When did you start working for Yahoo Answers? You are endorsing the removal of free speech. I would say I like the music but hate the lyrics if this weren't such a ham-handed piece. There is something to be said for not sharing every thought that comes into our heads, but defending the censors??  Maybe this one should have been self-censored.

I am feeling betrayed, not by the disagreement, but that you suddenly disagree with everything I stand for the minute I am unable to respond in Yahoo. Like someone did you a favor by getting rid of me.

The Original:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmgaXPV22.HzMiNjP2bYlkKn5HNG;_ylv=3?qid=20120224014721AA1dWBN

No comments:

Post a Comment