Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Those who disavow criticism are so good at it in secret

If you are wondering why your questions are being reported look no further than Gene Bourne,
I critiqued one of his poems so he decided to bad mouth me by email today,  claiming he was defending newbies, and when I responded my violations started to roll in.

Gene writes:

Message: HH
Over the past (almost 4 years) reading your answers, 
I'm fascinated as to what events have catapulted you
into the most bitter individual I've ever encountered.
I've read your answers to "beginners" that made
my skin crawl.
I've never read a poem you posted; just those
you post as "critique" answers.

You are a human wrecking ball, who invalidates 
positive critisism.
Are you aware the harm you might have caused
a young person, at a certain crossroads in their lives,
especially in today's declining culture.

This is not a message of anger, rather angst and sadness over
the trail of wreckage, left in your wake.
You came to mind yesterday when I received a message from
a member I critiqued when she was 15.

Her poem was a technical disaster, but I sensed "color"
and heart", the way she phrased certain passages.
I wrote a long paragraph, encouraging her to continue
writing, for I sensed and innate gift for composing.
I was the only member who answered.

She messaged me 3 years later,
voicing her appreciation for my giving
her a boost...just when needed.
We had never communicated after I answered her poem.

It saddens me to think the influence you've had on so many.
I don't understand your motives. I don't understand you.
Gene Bourne.

So I posted this and got reported:

Your Open Question


»

Truthful criticism or empty praise of poetry?

Which do you find more useful, and why is this question against guidelines? Is asking how poetry criticism should be pursued objectionable to some in here? Is personal like or dislike of the poster a new guideline?
  • 2 seconds ago
  •  
  • 4 days left to answer.

PS: My four reports all month turned into Eight simultaneously with his email. He says we are being set up against each other. Let him say who put him up to this garbage and exonerate himself. Or if he is not a stooge he is the culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment