Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Letter to Yahoo


Dear Yahoo,

Until recently, when an user had a problem entering an account, you sent a temporary password to the user's back-up account. But when my password security questions AND your Captcha system went rogue in January, you repeatedly sent gobbledygook about using the Captcha or submitting in windows (that were inaccessible) to have a temporary password sent. Not to mention the fact that you hide your Help Email Address and make the reader pour through jargony pages of "Help" files. (A hint, the name is an oxymoron, they never help.) You blocked my account and wasted weeks of my time reading nonsense sent by computer generated drones like “Barbie” and “Lovely” and eventually my password JUST WORKED one day! (Oddly, I had sent myself an email to PROVE that despite your “This account name has not been taken” messages that the account name HAD in fact been taken. In fact on my Linux computer, accounts and passwords are automatically stored, so it is not like I could have misstyped it. Just when I was going to prove you were contradicting yourselves, the problem MAGICALLY went away!)

Your responses repeatedly used the term "alternate account" which I suspect means you devalued this email because I have more than one Yahoo account. Other Yahoo email accounts I have I have stopped using because I could not trust them. I found hundreds of "messages" sent out from them with machine code for text, although I have never sent a yahoo "message" in my life. I know dozens of people who have Yahoo accounts that they have abandoned because of such problems. Yahoo is getting a reputation as the safe harbor for hackers and internet espionage.

Why do you continue to destroy your reputation with this automated bullshit? You treated us like idiots, blocked account for weeks and I suspect none of that would have happened (to me) if I gave you my cell phone number to spy on and sell, because if you can't make money out of me by "connecting the dots" to everything I text, buy and say then I am worthless for you and you can treat me as garbage. Frankly, if I gave you everything you WANTED you would still treat me like garbage.

I think Yahoo is an evil company. But unlike Facebook which is just evil, you are evil and horribly mismanaged.

HH

No comments:

Post a Comment